Catch-up with the AHSN Network’s Carbon accounting and measuring impact webinar, which was held on 28 April 2023 as part of our supporting NHS Net Zero and sustainability events series.
Attended by over 200 delegates, the webinar explored how to effectively quantify carbon emissions, deploy projects and measure impact.
The NHS is responsible for 4% of England’s total carbon footprint, contributing to increased air and water pollution, which can worsen long-term health conditions and contribute to poor mental health.
The event featured several expert speakers, including:
- Pete Waddingham, Net Zero Lead, the AHSN Network
- Adam Wright, Chief Operating Officer, Zellar
- Karl Richter, Director & Co-Founder, iSumio Ltd
- Dr Dan Wright, Head of Sustainability, Kent Community Health NHS Foundation
- Lyn Duncan and Ronald Duncan, CEOs, CO2 Analysis
- Lee Jackson, Commercial Director, Smart Carbon
- Anna-Lisa Mills, Managing Director at SmartCarbon Ltd, Sustainability Manager at Newcastle Hospitals
- Emma Webster, Laura Badoo and Diana Carter, SalesForce
- Sarah Joy Newton, Track My Carbon
In July 2022, the NHS became the first health system to embed Net Zero into legislation, through the Health and Care Act 2022. This places commitments on both the NHS and its suppliers to achieve Net Zero. In addition to the NHS requirement to measure and monitor their Green Plans, all suppliers of new contracts for goods and services will need to publish a carbon reduction plan for their emissions.
Watch the webinar and find out more about our work supporting NHS Net Zero and sustainability in health and care.